We are all, of course, worried about the risks of travel during and post the COVID 19 pandemic. But we also still want to travel, see the world, and plan our next adventure. At Wunderpus we understand your concerns and your desire to travel so during this break in operations we have been working on changes to our onboard routines and staff training to try and minimise the risk of infection and allow you to book your next adventure with some peace of mind.
Since the outbreak of the pandemic COVID-19 we have been monitoring the latest developments both locally and globally. We have gathered information from international health organisations and authorities like WHO, DAN (Divers Alert Network), PADI, Green Fins, etc, and have implemented all necessary measures to ensure the safety of our future passengers and our crew.
We also checked in with previous guests and shared some questions and ideas in forums, on social media etc to see what YOU were concerned about and what would make you feel more secure when booking your trip.
Below we have listed these measure and we welcome any questions about concerns you might have about your time onboard with us:
CREW / OPERATING PROCEDURES:
Our crew has been informed in detail regarding potential risk of COVID-19 and given training on preventative hygiene measures. Our crew will follow measures like social distancing, washing and/or disinfecting of hands and the use of masks.
- Our boats undergo an extensive cleaning process between and during every trip. For example common/shared areas will be regularly disinfected, in particular tables, door handles, light switches and hand railings.
- We will provide extra rinse buckets for gear so that every cabin will have its own rinse bucket. The water will contain disinfectants and will be changed regularly.
- Hand sanitizers will be readily available on the boat.
- Meals will be served in a safe and hygienic manner.
- There is ample space on Wunderpus to keep your distance between other passengers. On Mimic we will for now only accept private charter bookings or a maximum of 4 guests on a mixed trip.
- All dive equipment will be thoroughly disinfected between each trip. Once assigned to a guests dive equipment will be kept and rinsed separately at all times.
- The Crew will be avoiding touching guests diving equipment wherever possible, with the exception of changing tanks. Before handling tanks the crew will be disinfecting their hands. We won’t be touching any regulator valves of guests (including 1st stages) And we will also inform all our guests about how we will be handling gear in the initial briefing.
- The crew will not be washing our guest’s equipment or hanging up their wetsuits. We will give clear instructions on how guests can disinfect and store their own gear between dives.
- We will provide defog solution for the mask, as spitting is not recommended at this point in time.
- To keep appropriate social distance at all times we will be adjusting our drop off and pick-up procedures with the speedboat accordingly.
- To avoid our guests having to spend any amount of time in Labuanbajo, we are happy to offer direct transport from the airport to our boat via office and straight back to the airport after the trip, if requested. Terms and conditions apply, please and inquire via email.
GUESTS / GUIDELINES:
When boarding one of our boats, we will provide our guests with a detailed briefing about our procedures regarding COVID-19 and also advise on preventative hygiene measures:
- Guests are advised to minimize direct contact with other guests (shaking hands etc) and keep distance to other guests.
- Guests will have access to soap in their rooms and hand sanitizers throughout the boat and shall be washing their hands regularly for 20 seconds with soap and use hand sanitizers regularly.
- Avoid touching your face and surfaces that may be contaminated.
- All guests are to wear face masks in public areas on the boat
- Guests must handle their own equipment (except tanks) and must wash or sanitize their hands before and after touching their dive equipment.
- Guests must use defog instead of spit for their masks.
- Guests are provided with disinfectant on the speedboat, so they can disinfect their mask and regulator as soon as possible after the dive.
- Buddy checks need to be done verbally and by self-demonstration. Guests are not to touch each other’s equipment and test the alternate air source.
- Guests need to self-monitor their health and need to report any fever, cough or difficulty breathing to the Cruise Director immediately.
- Guests that show signs and symptoms of COVID-19 will have to get evacuated from the Liveaboard at their own cost. (Depending on location in the park at the time the cost will be 100-150 USD)
- Divers who have tested positive with COVID-19 but have remained completely asymptomatic should wait a minimum of 31 days before resuming any scuba diving activity.
- Divers who have had symptomatic COVID-19, need to be a minimum of 2-3 months symptom-free before they can scuba dive.
- Divers that had previously been infected with COVID-19 and been hospitalized with pulmonary symptoms need to undergo a complete pulmonary function testing, as well as a cardiac evaluation, and bring a medical statement clearing them for future scuba diving activities.
If you have any questions or concerns then feel free to contact us anytime and we will do our best to help.